[SECC] GaQP W4NZ Rover Multi-Op LP

Ted Bryant W4NZ at comcast.net
Sun Apr 12 19:06:52 PDT 2009

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W4NZ
Operator(s): N4DRV, N4ZZ, W4NZ
Station: W4NZ

Class: Rover Multi-Op LP
QTH: 20 Northern/Northeastern counties
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:     317
   40:     731
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    1048      0  CW-Dig Mults = 44  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 92,224

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Congratulations to all the Georgia gang for another successful Georgia QSO
Party!

This was Team-NZ's fourth go at mobile contesting, the second in the GQP.
With
the holiday weekend, we could only mount a one-day effort.  When Mark K0EJ
told
me he couldn't participate this year because of family and work commitments,
convinced N4ZZ to drive from Nashville to Chattanooga and join N4DRV and me.
This was a totally new experience for Don, and the pile-ups when we crossed
county line simply blew him away! Our primary driver/navigator, Sam N4DRV,
piloted us through 20 counties covering a route of 380 miles. We had planned
for 21 couties but Pickens became a casualty of a time crunch near the end.
Murphy found us again this year in the form of an intermittent problem in
the
20m antenna.  That's why no QSO's there and I'm sure it cost us some
multipliers.

Conditions seemed very good, at least we didn't experience the heavy QRN of
the
few days prior to the GQP. There were two especially noteworthy signals,
DL3DXX
(6 Q's) and DL5AWI (5 Q's).  Both were as strong as stateside stations on
40m
well before our sunset. In addition, we had 5 QSO's with DL5AWI on 80m.
Outstanding!

Thanks to all the SECC and SEDXC members for sponsoring this and and letting
your Tennessee neighbors come play in your yard.  We'd like to return the
favor
in September <g>.

73,
Ted W4NZ for Sam N4DRV, Don N4ZZ, Mark K0EJ and Mark's xyl Judy