[SECC] SECC - New Officers

Brian Wilcox na4bw at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 1 06:30:36 PDT 2009

Greetings!

It is with great pleasure that today I will assume the responsibilities as your President for the SECC. I have a great supporting cast with:

Ralph K1ZZI as Vice President

Hal  N4GG as Secretary

John K4BAI as Treasurer

Many thanks to our 'retiring' officers and especially to Rick NQ4I who has held the position of President for the past 2 years. Also kudos to

Bobby KF4GTA for the countless hours spent updating and revising the SECC website. Thank you all for your efforts!

News -

I'm very pleased to announce that Chaz Cone W4GKF has accepted the role of the SECC webmaster effective today. As we transition those duties from Bobby to Chaz look for even more enhancements to the SECC webpage.

In case you didn't attend the annual meeting one of the items I discussed was the need for the SECC to improve our participation in contests throughout the year. We have a few members that are very active, some members that post occasionally and many more that haven't posted for months/years. I recognize that ham radio is a hobby and other items rightfully take precedence. However, I also believe that each member, as long as they have a station that is operable -or can find one to operate, can find time to put some kind of effort into the contesting season which is upcoming and post scores for the club. This will serve as my first of likely many rally cries for you to find some time- an hour, a day or full weekend to  get on the radio and operate and post for the SECC. Will you contribute to your club?

I look forward to helping the SECC become an ever more potent force within the contesting community and welcome your comments..

73 and GL this year! Brian NA4BW