[SECC] FW: NAQP CW N4GG Single Op LP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 23:27:21 PDT 2009

Sorry to hear about Ralph's radio....I unplugged here just in the nick
of time...
GG

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:00
Radios: SO2R

  160:   60    26
   80:  193    39
   40:  309    48
   20:  265    46
   15:  106    28
   10:   39    15
-------------------
Total:  972   202  Total Score = 196,344

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

Poor antennas for 10 and 15 hurt a little at the start, but I was on
track with a better than 100Q/hr average until the 7th hour.  Really
wanted 1000 Qs and 200K points.  Stayed on the bands when I would have
left, due to watching a huge thunderstorm front approach...knew I would
be QRT when I didn't want to and had to log time early.  Stuck in the
chair too long as the storm came in and just about got thrown out of the
chair by close strikes - played it a little too close.  Lots of snapping
around the shack, but nothing fried.  The open wire feeders don't like
running wet - things got challenging.
Still got in the 10 hours, but missed some prime time and the QRN was
really
tough.  Signals were good, just lots of QRN.  This is a fun contest.
Moving folks was hard - a lot of guys don't seem to understand the
question....

Amplifiers would have been nice.

2X FT1000MP, Writelog, Home brew SO2R, wires in the woods

SECC Team #1