[SECC] Announcement, Ohio QSO Party This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Aug 17 10:56:09 PDT 2009

After a couple of "pre-season" qso parties, the fall season of the NQL
(National QSO Party League) begins this Saturday, August 22, with the
Ohio QSO
Party.  The fall season runs through October 18, featuring parties in Ohio,
  Tennessee, Washington, Texas, Pennsylvania, California, Illinois, as well
as a  new expansion franchise in New York.

Sponsored by the Mad River Radio Club, the Ohio QSO Party runs from 1600z
Saturday to 0400z Sunday.  80 through 10 meters, CW and SSB, exchange
serial number and QTH, multipliers count by mode (i.e. 88 counties x 2
for 176
possible multipliers from outside Ohio).

We already have 12 mobiles listing plans for the party, including  activity
from all 88 counties. We are still looking for more. If you've wanted  to
try mobile or rover contesting, you're very welcome to enjoy the fun
here in
Ohio.  As the famous philosopher Mae West once said, "You can  never have
too much of a good thing".

Full info is available at _http://www.ohqp.org_ (http://www.ohqp.org)
Note that  this is a new URL since last year.

We hope to see you all on Saturday!

73  -  Jim   K8MR

President, Mad River Radio Club