[SECC] US qso's

Christopher KJ4HYG kj4hyg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 18:03:18 PST 2009

My experience during the contest was that the contest ended up being mostly
geared toward the DX stations and the HP stations. Not a whole lot of DX
stations were calling CQ, they were just working the US CQ's. Even if there
were any incredibly weak DX signals it didn't take long before a US HP
station appeared withing 40 kHz and totally messed up any chances of pulling
the weak signal out of the noise and signals. Then basically the only option
was to call CQ in the hopes that THEY would hear you. However, it's nearly
impossible for a station like me (running 50 watts) to hold their ground
calling CQ. Plus it's hard to even find an open space to even call CQ. I
don't know if this is even relevant to the question, but that was my
experience, and it ended up being very frustrating.

chris / kj4hyg