[SECC] US qso's

Gordon greyeagl at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 2 13:35:40 PST 2009

I really did not want to weigh in on this subject since my score is never
high enough to be affected one way or the other but I thought the following
may illustrate that fairness does rule in the rules.

V. MULTIPLIER: Two types of multiplier
will be used.
1. A multiplier of one (1) for each different
zone contacted on each band.
2. A multiplier of one (1) for each different
country contacted on each band.
Stations are permitted to contact their
own country and zone for multiplier

VII. SCORING: All stations: the final
score is the result of the total QSO
points multiplied by the sum of your
zone and country multipliers. Example:
1000 QSO points × 100 multiplier (30
Zones + 70 Countries) = 100,000 (final
score).

Now, the way I read this is that if I contact a stateside station in zone 5
and have not yet worked zone 5, I go 0 points for qso points but I also get
credit for a multiplier in zone 5 because I have not worked zone 5
previously. The qso points would be short one but the multiplier credit is
still there and when multiplied will give the score as the rules permit.
The giving of qso points for stateside conteacts in this contest negates the
DX part of the contest.  So one doesn't get QSO points for in-country
contacts, big deal!  The multiplier helps out though.  Let's leave it as is
and not prompt those who would "rule" us to death!  My solution to a contest
where I don't like the rules?  Turn off the bleeding radio!

The micro Pistol
K4OD
Macon, GA