[SECC] ARRL DX CW

Tommy aldermant at windstream.net
Mon Feb 23 10:36:57 EST 2009

ARRL DX CW Score Summary Sheet

Call Sign Used : W4BQF
Operator(s)    : W4BQF

Operator Category : SINGLE-OP
             Band : ALL
            Power : HIGH
             Mode : CW

Total Operating Time:	17 hours

             Name : Tom Alderman
          Address : 498 Nichols Lane
   City/State/Zip : Hahira  GA  31632
          Country : USA
ARRL Section      : GA
Club/Team : South East Contest Club
Software : N1MM Logger V9.2.4

Band    QSOs    Pts     Cty
 3.5     117    351      50
 7       138    414      50
 14      791   2373      69
 21       21     63      11

Total   1067   3201     180

		Score :	 576,180

              Rig : 	IC-7700 - Titan III

         Antennas : 	2-el 20m EDZ wire yagi/ 40m EDZ/ 80m Dipole

          Soapbox : 	I still can't get a good idea about how my wire
antennas work! I did have some really robust pile-up's to deal with. I
noticed with the IC-7700 it was much harder to distinguish between signals
as their tones all sounded the same. Never noticed that with an Omni 6+.
Operators were very good except near the end, too many new hams who did not
know this was a DX contest! Conditions on 20m appeared to pop open Saturday
morning. 80m was exceptional Friday night. Enjoyed this one!

Tom - W4BQF