[SECC] extract from Martin Jue article

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 24 09:29:04 EST 2009

The next time someone asks you about your passion for ham radio, remember
this priceless synopsis from a legend in our hobby.

"People ask me if the cell phone and Internet are going to wipe out ham
radio. Well it doesn't. You can go to any Kroger store or Piggly Wiggly or
some grocery store like that and buy all the fish you want to eat, but
people still fish. It's bigger than ever. One hundred years ago people
picked up the telephone and talked to anybody they wanted to. Ham radio is
not just about talking to somebody. It's about fishing. It's a hobby. It's a
sport."

-          Martin Jue, Owner of MFJ Enterprises

<http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=395>

Scott Straw, CTS-D, CTS-I

scottstraw at mindspring.com

A/V Project Engineer