[SECC] House Bill 19

James - KB7TBT kb7tbt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 16:20:06 EST 2009

In actuality, GA is the one following other states. Cell phone use while
driving has been banned in many states already. In some states ham radio
operators are fully exempt from all parts of this law, others just state
that hams radios are exempt. Depending where you are the laws are worded
different.

So far I have seen the ALL bills/laws get re written to exempt ham radio.

California was the last example, it included hams and they had to re write
it.
In NJ if you are a ham, you can use your cell phone.

Other state if cell phones are work related you are exempt.

James
KB7TBT
www.kb7tbt.com
www.ne4ga.org