[SECC] GQP 4/11,12- Mark your calendars !

Jeff W4DD w4dd at arrl.net
Sat Mar 21 13:36:02 PDT 2009

With the GQP only a few weeks away, now would be a real good time to check
the SWR on the antennas.  Don't want to be climbing the tower on Saturday
morning before the contest or finding out the 40M mobile antenna doesn't
work.  Last year was the first year 160M was permitted.  The band was
actually quieter than 80M and last 60 minutes of operating time on Saturday
night provided some great QSO's.  If you have an antenna, don't forget to
give 160M a try the last hour of operating time on Saturday night.  And if
you don't have your own station or are new to contesting and want to learn
what it's all about, NQ4I will be opening up his superstation for the GQP.

All the details at:

 <http://gqp.contesting.com/> http://gqp.contesting.com/

Next weekend would be a great time to test out antennas in the CQ WPX SSB
contest.  Everybody works everybody in this contest.  NQ4I will again be
running Multi-Multi and it would be great if SECC members could get on and
give out a few dozen QSOs (especially on 10M where it can get very lonely!).

Jeff, W4DD

10M Op (along with Lee, WI4R) at NQ4I.  We are generally around 28.480 +/-
20.