[SECC] Russian DX Contest W4IX

jrcccd at aol.com jrcccd at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 06:24:57 PDT 2009

Call: W4IX
Operator(s): W4IX
Station: W4IX

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   50     0        15         0
   80:   77     0        30         5
   40:  121     0        36         1
   20:  199     0        54        20
   15:   27     0        14         2
   10:    0     0         0         0
Total:  474     0       149        28  Total Score = 357,717

Rig: Kenwood TS-940 @ 100 watts.
Antennas: 80 Meter Dipole @ 35 feet. 160 Meter Inv l @45 feet with 14
130ft
radials. 300 foot Beverage ENE.
Writelog.

    These contests are difficult with low power and wire antennas, but I
still
gave it my all and am happy with the results. Amazed at some of the DX
worked,
but still took alot of repeats. Condx. seemed ok on 20 meters even with
the
Inv. L there were wall to wall stations, Seemed like there was a wall
between
eastern europe and russia on the low bands, I barely heard anyone in
Russia,
but I am sure its just the low antennas. Will get a few Yagis up in air
one of
these days. Thanks to everyone for the patience making the contacts.
73's till
the next big show!!