[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 3 13:32:10 PST 2009

I am sending this out on Tuesday since I don't really expect any
additional contest scores to turn up since the weekend was split between
Oct and Nov and there wasn't really any contest activity in the USA on
the weekend.  I tried to work members of the HSC club headquartered in
Germany on 20M on Sunday, but, although the 20M band was open to Europe
at 1630Z when I got home from church, it appears that they were all on
40 and 80M working each other.  15M, 17M, and even 12M have been open
for the past week or so.  Take a listen!

Last Week's Claimed Scores:

1.  NCCC NS Practice, 10/30/09.

W4NZ   45  34  1,530  SOLP  0.5  TN  TCG
K0EJ   44  32  1,408  SOLP  0.5  TN  TCG
K4BAI  41  32  1,312  SOLP  0.5  GA  SECC
K1ZZI  38  26    988  SOLP  0.5  GA  SECC

2.  November 2009 ARS Spartan Sprint
K4BAI  32         32  SO5WQRP ("tubby weight) 2.0  GA  SECC
(Tubby means the weight of the rig, not me, however appropriate it might
have been to apply to me too.)

Additionally, I was one of the QRP Foxes last Tuesday night.

This Week's Contests:

There will be the usual QRP Fox Hunts. Tuesday nights on 80M (3550-3570)
and Thursday nights 40M (7030-7050).  Time remains the same local, so it
is now 0200-0330 UTC.  Tonight's 80M Foxes will, I believe, be Jim,
N0UR, in MN and Paul, NG7Z, in WA.  Work only the two Foxes.  Run no
more than 5W.  Exchange:  RST, Name, SPC, Power.

1.  NCCC SNS Slow Speed ARRL SS Practice.  0200-0215Z Thursday (Friday
UTC).  SS rules, so choice of power.  No QSY rule.  No dupes permitted
regardless of band.  Exchange:  #, Precedence, Call, Check Year, ARRL
Section.  Speed of 18 WPM or less.

2.  NS SS CW Practices.  Both Thursday and Friday nights.  0230-0259
UTC.  Same exchange as above.  No dupes.  Any legal power.  No QSY rule.

3.  IPARC (International Police Association Radio Club) CW Contest.
06-10Z Sat; 14-18Z Sat.  80-10M CW.  Exchange:  RST + Serial # + "IPA"
if a member and plus State if a USA member of IPA.  For some reason, non
members of IPA in the USA do not have to send state.  Limited
frequencies on each band, particularly on 80 and 40 (check rules).  Must
stay 15 minutes on a band before changing bands.

     Sunday the IPARC SSB Contest with the same times and rules as for
CW except the frequencies are phone frequencies and send RS instead of RST.

4.  Ukranian DX Contest.  12Z Sat to 12Z Sun.  160-10M CW/SSB.
Exchange:  RS(T) + Serial # or two letter UKR Oblast abbreviation.

5.  ARRL Sweepstakes Contest CW.  21Z Sat to 03Z Sun.  Maximum for all
stations 24 hours with minimum 30 minute off periods.  Exchange:  #,
Precedence (Q, A, B, U, M, or S), call, check (year first licensed),
ARRL/RAC section.  Club aggregate score competition.  Be sure to put
your club name in the Cabrillo header exactly as follows:  "South East
Contest Club" or "Alabama Contest Group."  There is a schools club
competition run at the same time, but you will still find only a few "S"
stations QRV.  Note that the log submission date is now 2 weeks.  They
are promising results much sooner also.

6.  Straight Key Century Club Weekend Sprint (SKS or WES).  24 hours of
Sunday UTC.  160-6M CW.  Exchange:  RST + Name + SPC + SKCC# or "none."
Bonus points for QSOs with I0QM.  I think this is the first time that
this has coincided with ARRL SS CW, and I'd think activity would be at a
minimum this month.

7.  DARC (Germany) 10M Digital Contest.  11-17Z Sunday.  10M RTTY,
Amtor, Clover, PSK31, Pactor.  Exchange:  RST + serial #.

Hope everyone has a nice week and weekend and a lot of QSOs.  Please get
on as much as you can in ARRL SS CW and help out your club.

73, John, K4BAI.