[SECC] Announcement: 2010 Ohio QSO Party

John T. Laney III k4bai at att.net
Sun Aug 1 15:28:23 PDT 2010

Dear 2009 OhQP Alumni,

Thanks for making the 2009 Ohio QSO Party a great time!  Activity was
up, and a number of records were set.  The OhQP 2010 is shaping up to be
even better, and we hope you will join us again this year.

By now many of the Ohio stations have gotten word about the upcoming
2010 OhQP - we've been doing an unprecedented email campaign to over 300
Ohio Clubs to boost activity.  When we started this project we had no
idea there were so many clubs in Ohio!  We're also trying to get fixed
stations activated in every county - a lofty goal but we're well on our
way.  For example, once rare Noble county now has 4 fixed stations that
will be on.  We're expecting similar fixed station activations from once
previously rare counties.  Also, the mobiles are planning on being out
in force - we even have a few new mobiles that will be on.

Also new for 2010 is an improved Planned Operations web GUI, making it
easier for Ohio stations to let the world know their plans.  If you are
in Ohio and are planning on being active this year, please go to the
OhQP website at www.ohqp.org <http://www.ohqp.org/> and then go to the
"Enter Plans" link near the top of the page and follow the
instructions.  To see who's going to be on, click on the "2010 Plans" link.

We hope all 2009 alumni will return for the 2010 OhQP and make it the
best ever.  Even better, bring a friend!

73, Kenny K2KW
Ohio QSO Party PR Coordinator

----------------------------------
Ohio stations - if you haven't seen this announcement on your local
reflector, please send it out!  An out of state announcement will be
going out shortly.

The Ohio QSO Party (OhQP) is less than 4 weeks away, and the excitement is
already building.  Stations from across Ohio are making their plans to be on
the air for one of the premier state QSO parties.  Small stations from Ohio
can make hundreds of QSOs during the short 12 hour event.  Get on and call
"CQ Ohio QSO Party" and run the pileups!  We hope you will join us to make
this the best event yet - our goal is to get fixed operations on from every
county this year.  If you are planning on being on, please let everyone know
by posting your county of operation on the "Planned Operations" website at
http://ohqp.org/plannedOpsEntry.html

For those who don't know what the OhQP is all about, it's a fun time for
Ohio stations to be on the air and be the hunted station, or "DX".  People
from around the world are seeking out Ohio stations in this event, which is
a nice change from most operating events.  The OhQP occurs on Saturday
August 28, 2010 from local noon to local midnight.  In the basic QSO
exchange, Ohio stations send a consecutive serial number + county, and
non-Ohioans (who can only work Ohio) send a consecutive serial number and
state/province/DX.  Suggested frequencies are:  CW: 3545, 7045, 14,045,
21,045, 28,045 kHz; SSB 3825, 7200, 14,250, 21,300, and 28,450 kHz.  Don't
be shy - try calling CQ in addition to searching and pouncing.  Remember,
the world is tuning the bands looking for Ohio stations - your CQ's will be
answered!  Full details and an OhQP operating guide can be found on the
official website at: www.ohqp.org/ <http://www.ohqp.org/>.

This is a great event for a club activity or a training ground for new(er)
hams.  QSO rates are as high or higher than Field Day, and there's virtually
no QRM in this event.  Round up the club and have some fun.  If you are in
the mood to enjoy the great Ohio countryside, try operating portable or
mobile from a rare county.  Remember, the ultimate goal is to just get on
the air and have some fun!

73 and we hope to hear you on the air,

kenny.k2kw at gmail.com <mailto:kenny.k2kw at gmail.com>