[SECC] Reminder: NAQCC Sprint Tonight

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Aug 10 08:23:39 PDT 2010

QRP CW.

A last-minute reminder of our NAQCC sprint coming up tonight:

Tuesday August 10 at 8:30 to 10:30 PM EDT (Wednesday August 11 at 0030Z to
0230Z)

Won't you participate and report your results so we can go over 100 logs
for
the fifth straight month. That will make a powerful statement about CW to
the ham radio world.

Rules specific to this month's sprint are available via:

http://home.windstream.net/yoel/contests.html

General Sprint Rules that apply to all our sprints are at:

http://home.windstream.net/yoel/sprint_rules.html

If you're new to our sprints or just need to refresh your memory, please
read all the rules and understand them thoroughly to make things easy for
you and for us.

Because of the increased participation, we now divide the SWA category NOT
by time zones, but by the 10 USA call areas, Canada, and DX. That means a
maximum of 12 certificates and even more equitable competition since you
only compete with those in your call area to win something. The GAIN
category remains unchanged.

We hope you use the GenLog logging program for our sprints. It makes
logging
very simple for you and log cross-checking simple for us. You can get the
program, the latest data file for the program and instructions on how to
use
it via the General Sprint Rules.

After the sprint, use our Autologger to make submitting your report and log
as easy as possible:

http://home.windstream.net/yoel/sprint_submit_log.html

All who participate in our sprints and submit a log are entered into a
drawing for a nice prize. Our sprints are user-friendly to those new to ham
radio contesting. Don't be afraid to join in the fun. You may just decide
you like contesting and pursue it further. Several of our members have
started with our sprints and gone on to be very good contesters. A nice
certificate goes to the member submitting a log for the very first time and
having the highest score among those doing so.

Tips for successful sprinting can be found at:

http://home.windstream.net/yoel/sprint_tips.html

We hope you will join in and help us set a new record for participation.
I'll be there for sure. Will you?

* John K3WWP - Proudly promoting Morse Code:

* As NAQCC VP - # 0002 FC # 1 - http://home.windstream.net/yoel/

* As FISTS Keynote QRP Columnist - # 2002 - http://www.fists.org/

* With my CW-QRP site - http://home.windstream.net/johnshan/