[SECC] NAQP CW N4GG Single Op LP

Tommy Alderman aldermant at windstream.net
Fri Aug 13 02:35:19 PDT 2010

People DO make mistakes, ya'll know?!

I think it was two years ago I operated the NAQP CW test running the full
1.5KW..did quite well too! Submitted my score as SOHP and nothing was said.
The next year I did the same thing, but after submitting the score, I
actually read the rules AGAIN and found I was mistaken (not cheating - but
mistaken!). I immediately emailed the NCJ and the SECC reflector,
disqualifying myself and received an email back from the NCJ, thanking me
for my honesty and also mentioning they had noted the year before I
submitted as SOHP!

I enjoy contesting and cheating, to me, is certainly NOT part of my life nor
part of my contesting. How on earth could one get any enjoyment out of
cheating in a hobby in order to win something? So if you suspect someone may
not be aware of the rules, very politely question them about it. There may
be another person out there having 'senior moments' such as I did. And if
they are cheating, they immediately become aware they are being observed.

73,

Tom - W4BQF

President - SECC