[SECC] NAQP CW N4GG Single Op LP

wb4sq at yahoo.com wb4sq at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 04:32:50 PDT 2010

Will you run for office?  We need honesty...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Aug 13, 2010 5:35 AM, Tommy Alderman <aldermant at windstream.net> wrote:

People DO make mistakes, ya’ll
know?!

I think it was two years ago I
operated the NAQP CW test running the full 1.5KW..did quite well too! Submitted
my score as SOHP and nothing was said. The next year I did the same thing, but
after submitting the score, I actually read the rules AGAIN and found I was
mistaken (not cheating – but mistaken!). I immediately emailed the NCJ
and the SECC reflector, disqualifying myself and received an email back from
the NCJ, thanking me for my honesty and also mentioning they had noted the year
before I submitted as SOHP!

I enjoy contesting and cheating,
to me, is certainly NOT part of my life nor part of my contesting. How on earth
could one get any enjoyment out of cheating in a hobby in order to win
something? So if you suspect someone may not be aware of the rules, very politely
question them about it. There may be another person out there having ‘senior
moments’ such as I did. And if they are cheating, they immediately become
aware they are being observed.

73,

Tom – W4BQF

President – SECC