[SECC] SECC Call for NAQP CW and SSB Team Signup

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Tue Jul 20 19:24:03 PDT 2010

On Jul 20, 2010, at 10:12 AM, N4YT wrote:

> Being new to the SECC could someone explain how this will work for example would we be assigned certain bands to work. I have not participated in this format but am very interested. Any help would be appreciated.

NAQP is a real easy contest. Everyone is limited to 100 watts. No amplifiers, just your barefoot rig. Exchange is name and SPC (state, province, country). Non-NA DX counts for Qs, but not mults.

Multipliers are per-band, so there's value in being active on six bands 10-160m. NAQP was the reason I first got on 160m, and now I hold 160m WAS, believe it or not.

You just try to get the best score you can. There are up to five members on a team. The team score is the sum of the individual scores. Teams must be registered before the start of the contest.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901