[SECC] ARRLDX SSB K1ZZI SO Unlimited HP

Ralph K1ZZI k1zzi at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 09:07:11 PST 2010

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1ZZI
Operator(s): K1ZZI
Station: K1ZZI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

  160:   33    25
   80:  106    61
   40:  180    76
   20:  389    93
   15:  268    83
   10:   75    19
-------------------
Total: 1051   357  Total Score = 1,125,621

100% S&P for me in this one.  N1MM was loading up the bandmaps and
everything seemed to work perfect.  I made wav files for all the F keys
which really helped because I had an ugly cold.  I kept one yagi on SA and
the other on EU most of the time.  I was surprised how fast I could run down
through the bandmaps.  Not much waiting around.  Good reports and I felt
like I was loud most of the time.  Conditions were very good.

When working ON4UN on 15m John said, "MAN you are loud".  15m was hot at
times into EU, AS, OC and SA.  Some of the more difficult mults worked were
HS, JT. BA, BV CE9, E21, ST, VP8, 9K, 5N, V5, KH2.  XU7ACY was spotted often
but I never could hear him here.  10m was good South but nothing worked East
or West.  I had 6 band sweeps with PJ2T/WB9Z and most of the Caribbean gang.

I know I'm getting old because SSB is starting to get fun here recently.
I'm finding it's easier than RTTY :-o.  Now I need to work on keeping my
BIC.  20 hours in the chair over a weekend is about right for this OM.

73, Ralph K1ZZI

K3 (SO1R)
ACOM 2000A
MonstIR Stack