[SECC] ARRL DX SSB N4NX SO unlimited HP

Bill Barr, N4NX n4nx at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 09:41:54 PST 2010

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4NX
Operator(s): N4NX
Station: N4NX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:   12    10
   80:    67    47
   40:  107    67
   20:  431    90
   15:  197    75
   10:    17      7
-------------------
Total: 831   296  Total Score = 737,928

Was rocking until got a call from 2 neighbors ( One with Telephone interference & the other with TVI and radio interference ).  So beginning Sunday Morning I was back to 100 watts from K3!
The interference is why I usually am LP in contests.  I just pushed my luck on this one.  Wonder if there is a class for 50% LP & 50% HP?? HI HI.  The neighbor with Radio & TV interference is not on cable and loves his old tube type radio!!

I could not get this old body out of bed for sunrise either morning and was in bed by 1:30 am both nights.  However, the big surprise was working JAs, KH2 + JT1CO in full daylight on 40 meters. When AMP was on I had a great run on EU 20 meters.  Had many calls from stations running 25 & 50 watts and a few QRP.

All & All much Fun!

K3 (SO1R)
Alpha 76
SteppIR 4 elements
Cushcraft 2 element Yagi on 40 meters ( Works really well )
80m Dipole ( Low )
160m shunt loaded tower + EWE for receive
Win-Test Logger