[SECC] Spotting Assistance Locally

Mack mccormick_mack at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 15:17:16 PDT 2010

SEDXC,

This link http://files.me.com/mccormick_mack/gqj8a0  is a file that
describes how you may connect to my CW Skimmer server. This server runs 24 X
7 monitoring the CW portion of 7 bands simultaneously. It carefully checks
the decoded callsigns it detects and serves them via telnet. The advantage
to this server is it shows all stations calling CW that can be received
locally on my antenna (Alpharetta). I'll be improving the antenna soon.

I've also included instructions in the same document for how you can pull
spots from multiple sources and combine them into one telnet feed for your
logging program.

The SEDXC has been testing this server for about a week and I'm not aware of
any bugs but please let me know via email at wb4mak at nfarl.org if you find an
error.

Much more information is available in this file.

I have one favor to ask. Please don't share this resource with folks outside
of SEDXC, SECC, and NFARL otherwise I'll have to implement a password.

73,

Mack de WB4MAK