[SECC] Fw: 40/80 Meter array

W8JI Tom w8ji at w8ji.com
Fri Oct 22 13:59:06 PDT 2010

 <<
I use two of these. On 40 they are a 1/4 wave apart and on 80 they are 1/8
apart. On 40 I am feeding them with 84 degree lines and a 71 degree delay
line
that is switched in. On 80 I am feeding them with 157 degree lines and a 39
degree delay line that is switched in. I use 2 seperate relays to switch the
feed lines from 40 to 80 at the base of each vertical and a sperate box to
switch the 40 mtr box to the 80 mtr. box. I can go NE<SW and feed them in
phase
on both bands. It took a lot of planning and work to get this system going.
In
US dollars it cost me about $750 not including the verticals and the 40 mtr
system. Mark W4SVO>>

Nice job Mark. Looks like you are using Roy Lewallen's "Simplest phased
array feed system that works" method.

http://www.eznec.com/Amateur/Articles/Simpfeed.pdf

Is that correct??

Never tried that method myself.