[SECC] Dwindling Net Participation - Your comments?

Tommy Alderman aldermant at windstream.net
Wed Apr 13 19:04:30 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Keep in mind that this represents my personal opinion only!

I think the idea of having a SECC SSB net was to generate a place (or
frequency) where the active contesters (a very small percentage of SECC
members are 'active contesters'!) can congregate and find and/or share
contesting information. We did a little of that tonight when you came up
with the 'How did you do in the GQP' discussion. If after check-in's are
completed and each has commented on the subject of the night, you opened the
net for discussion of anything contest related, you might begin to broaden
the audience.

Others should have ideas to bring forth also?

Most of all, don't take any personal blame for this drop in activity. In
truth, out of the 200+ members in the SECC, you will find less than 10% of
them participate. It is out of that 10% that you are trying to get into the
SECC net! In my opinion, the primary way that can be achieved is by making
the net interesting enough to over shadow those desires to "watch roller
derby."!

73,

Tom - W4BQF