[SECC] ST0R

Rich Arland k7sz at live.com
Wed Aug 3 20:41:11 PDT 2011

Been experimenting: I have the K3 and the Flex 1500 side by side on the ops table. Using the same antenna on an "A-B" switch, I have to admit that the K3 is the more sensitive receiver. I have concentrated on 20 and 40 M tonight because that is where I ALMOST hear ST0R! The K3 can actually get a copyable signal on both bands and the 1500 can barely pull him in. I tried using the K3 on the 40M EDZ and the 1500 on the 40M vertical while listening to the same signals and that was weird! There is about a 300-400ms delay with the 1500 being slower...most likely the result of the having to run thru the computer's software. In any case, the waterfall display on the 1500 is priceless!! I really like that feature on Power-SDR software. I really need to get that Elecraft P3!!

Still not in the log on any band. Anyone have a portable tower and tri-bander I can borrow (HI!)

Hey, Clark....I do like the 1500....I may just keep it!

73
Rich Arland, K7SZ
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
"Cogito Ergo CQ" ("I think therefore I HAM")