[SECC] [nogaqrp] Headphone Quest

Philip Graitcer pgraitc at me.com
Fri Aug 12 11:28:50 PDT 2011

As a radio producer, I often wear headphones 6 hours a day. The most comfortable by far are the Sony 7506 phones. They are over the ear and come with a 9' coiled cord. Ear pads and cord are replaceable.
Frequency response is full range 10-20k, more than you need for CW work. But I have not seen the ham specific headphones have any different or better specs.  with a K3 you are able to use the built in equalizer to heighten the 10-3,000 range that you need if you are really keen on cutting out the higher frequent sounds.
There is no other headphone I would use or recommend. They cost around 100 I think. Best bought from B&H Audio.
I can bring mine to meetings if you want to see them.
Phil, W3HZZ

Sent from my iPad