[SECC] NQ4I 10M SO Mixed HP

Jim Roberts ve7zo at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 03:40:20 PST 2011

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NQ4I
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: NQ4I

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 30

CW: 1405 138
SSB: 1029 126
-------------------
Total: 2434 264 Total Score = 2,026,992

Club: South East Contest Club

Fun contest with pipelines.  First night it was a TX and CO fest.  The EU opening was pretty good both days but the openings did not extend beyond the terminator and you could see areas drop off as darkness hit.  JA's were workable from Griffin but not in great numbers and didn't get many mults in the far east.  There was a previous comment regarding the number of AZ stations on Sunday and late in the day it moved to Montana.  Several stations with huge signals.   N9RV took top spot -- there was no room left on the S meter.   Missed IL on phone as well as DE on both modes.  Hardly heard the north east although the odd ME station was strong.  Nice working YT and NF on both modes, NWT on Phone.

Thanks to Rick for letting me use his station once again.  It is very user friendly with two complete stations, one for each mode -- I can listen for Q's and mults on one mode while CQ'ing on the other.

Good to work so many SECC members -  hope you all had fun!

vy 73, Jim VE7ZO