[SECC] 80M QRP Fox Hunt Tuesday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Mon Jan 3 11:27:03 PST 2011

Hello Hounds:  As Dave said, AB9CA and K4BAI will be your 80M Foxes
Tuesday night local time, 0200-0330 UTC Wednesday, 3550 to 3570 kHz.  I
will be using an FT1000MP at 5 watts output as measured by the WM-2
wattmeter.  Only antenna this time will be a half wave inverted vee
dipole with the apex at 55 feet.  Like Dave, I will start out split,
probably listening up about one kHz and will go to simplex when the pile
up dies down.  80M band conditions have been excellent in recent weeks
and I hope everyone will have good conditions to GA and AL tomorrow
night.  Better try for pelts this time, since the next time Dave and I
will be "it," will be the last 80M hunt in March when conditions may not
be as good. My exchange will be real RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.  I will be full
QSK and hope many of you will be also.  If close in stations have
initial trouble due to long skip, hang in there or come back later as
the skip tends to shorten later in the session.  Also, remember that the
SKCC club is having its annual K3Y operation around 3550 kHz.  So work
some of them too when you have gotten your two pelts.  Happy New Year to
all. 73/72, John, K4BAI.