[SECC] Testing The Internal Tuner in your Radio

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 07:16:09 PST 2011

I'll second Jim's comment,     Kenwood internal tuners can tune nearly anything. It was a real shock when I bought my FT-1000MP, and found that there were some antennas I just couldn't tune anymore, that were easy with my TS-570D.      The answer to the problem was really simple... improve the antenna farm with matching networks and baluns to get everything to 50 ohm by the time it reaches the shack. The end product was great... instant band switching during contests. 73,Mike

W4MJA