[SECC] Need help with antenna launchers

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 6 14:36:11 PDT 2011

I lost my 80 meter array several weeks ago and tried using my bow and arrow
(75 pound compound bow) with no success today.  I need to get one end up 45
feet and the other up nearly 70 feet.  In both cases I have to stand back
about 20 feet to clear lower branches.  The downward rope must also go
through or over smaller branches and trees.

I may borrow a tennis launcher but looking for long term.  First, how do you
attach a fishing reel
to the big bow?   I tried the Ez-Hang but it was not accurate enough and the
fishing line would get caught on a branch.  I saw the ham in North GA who
has the cross bow which looks too small to go over the 70 foot branch.  I
sent him an inquiry but he has never answered.

Ideas please!

73 Dave K4JRB