[SECC] Contest Logging

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 19 14:07:20 PDT 2011

All I asked about was which program is the best contest logger.  Writelog is easy to use as a contest logger but can be a nightmare to hook to a rig.  They do not keep up with USB ports and continue to support LPT and COM ports which are obsolete and usually not supported on new PC's.

I do not wish to try and use the PC to control the Yaesu FT-980 even tho I have a great windows program to do so.  I only operate (on Doctors orders) short hours and usually single band so all my Q's are on say 10 or 40.  I have three outboard DVK's so no need for a sound card altho I have complete details of Jamie (NS3T)'s set of .wav files to operate a SSB contest with vrtually no need to use the mic.

I just need someone to tell me if N1MM is fairly easy to use for contest logging.  If not I will stay with writelog for contests and start using logger again for general logging.

73 Dave K4JRB