[SECC] NAQP CW AA4GA Single Op QRP

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 18:56:49 PDT 2012

North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: AA4GA

Class: Single Op QRP

Operating Time (hrs): 5

   40:   32    17
   20:   79    30
-------------------
Total:  111    47  Total Score = 5,217

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: AT-Sprinters #1 (wasn't on an SECC team because of the special
AT-Sprint teams N8XX put together)

Comments:

Thanks to N8XX for setting up the AT-Sprint teams!

For those that don't know, the AT-Sprint is a series of radios designed by
KD1JV, most of which fit into an Altoids tin...here's a link to a post I
made
on mine when I built it back in April:
http://aa4ga.blogspot.com/2012/04/steve-webers-ats-3b.html

I was running the ATS-3b at 9v, good for 3 watts output to an 80m doublet up
about 45' or so.  I got a late start and just operated on and off for a bit
-
20m was pretty good and I was looking forward to 40 and 80 later in the
evening, but when I went to 40, the QRN was apparently so bad my 3 watts
wasn't
really cutting it, so I skipped 80 and turned in early.

Lotsa fun!

73 de Lee
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
www.aa4ga.com

Submit your totals to the unofficial QRP DXCC standings - go to
aa4ga.comand click on "QRP DXCC" for more info!