[SECC] ARRL DX CW AA4GA SOAB QRP

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:15:27 PST 2012

Call: AA4GA

Class: SOAB QRP

Operating Time (hrs): 24.25

 Band  QSOs  Mults
-------------------
  80:   23    20
  40:   75    41
  20:  125    59
  15:  108    48
  10:   43    31
-------------------
Total:  374   199  Total Score = 223,278

K3 at 5 watts, 80m doublet at 45', Par End Fedz 10/20/40 sloper.  The rain
definitely affected the tuning on the ladder line fed doublet - I was
constantly having to retune...that's the first time I've used that antenna
on an extended basis in wet weather - what a PITA!

Thanks to ND4V for the loan of the K3 - that's one nice radio...I'm afraid I
may be spoiled for one!  It certainly kicks the FT817's butt!  Spent a lot
of
time just playing around with the rig...had a little trouble getting set up
with a MicroHam DigiKeyer interface and N1MM.  I'll have to say I prefer the
K1EL standalone keyer to the DigiKeyer.

Worked my last mult with 45 seconds to go!  :-)

I guess WPX CW is the next contest of any size...maybe I'll have my own K3
by
then!

73 de Lee
--