[SECC] TechFest 2012 Jan 14th

Norman Schklar norman at schklar.com
Fri Jan 6 12:07:58 PST 2012

Thanks SECC for participating in TechFest!

Update on TechFest January 14th in Lawrenceville.NO admission fee.  No
Tailgate charge.  Free Lunch.   Chili cookoff.   Door PrizesMore Ham
Radio under one roof than you’ll find anywhere else in Georgia.New
Location and more info www.GARS.org

Forums:10:00 SEDX on The Art of QSLing11:00 Satellites on a Hand
Held12:00 New Ham, now what?
1:00  D-STAR configuration and familiarization

Here’s what’s lined up so far…

>Ham Radio on a Smart Phone - Atlanta Radio Club>Our Club and Keenahoochee Hamfest – KARC>RadioWavz Product Display - RadioWavz Antennas>10-10 International - 10-10 International>Georgia 900 MHZ Group  - Georgia 900 MHZ Group>The Excitement of DX –SEDXC

>>>Georgia QSO Party and South Eastern Contest Club - GQP/SECC

>Now you've got a license.  What Next? – David Harden>Satellite contacts with a Hand Held Radio - Clint Bradford>CW is alive and well.  How to enjoy it more – Paul Kelley>CW Keys and the fun of CW in Amateur Radio – Dick Bentley>Portable APRS and the Portable IGATE - Larry Whited>Digital Slow Scan TV for fun and emergency communications - Tri County Amateur Radio Club>ARRL Section Manager – ARRL>ARES in Gwinnett County - Gwinnett ARES>D-STAR in Georgia - Georgia D-STAR>Using Digital VHF in Emergency Communications - The Silver Comet Amateur Radio Society>Amateur TV - North East Georgia Amateur Radio Club>GARS Youth Lounge - GARS  and Gwinnett ARES>The Original Text Machines RTTY before computers - Alford Memorial Radio Club>VE Session - W5YI VE (VE rules apply)>Digital Modes for Dummies - Hall County ARES>Fun with Low Power Radio (QRP) - North Georgia QRP>QSL’ing the Quick and Easy Way -North Fulton Amateur Radio League>Venture Crew 73 – Steve Back >Hams on Cams Using Video to Promote Amateur Radio - HamsonCams.comIf you are new to QSLing, we will have two separate offerings.  One on why and the other on how.  If you want to use a bureau but haven’t, check with NFARL.  They’ll have envelopes, stamps and instructions for your incoming QSL bureau.  Want to start LOTW.  Just show up!Get Started with QSL’ing the Quick and Easy Way In Five Minutes or Less! •        Set up your personal Logbook of the World (LoTW) account                  (bring your laptop and make it extra easy) •        Set up to receive incoming QSL’s coming through the US bureaus •        Learn about the ARRL and SEDXC outgoing QSL services --- LOTW activities Sponsored by the North Fulton Amateur Radio League ---Satellite on a hand held.  Clint will show you how.What’s going on in Georgia on  900mhz?Why CW?New Ham, we’ve got you covered.Norm, WA4ZXV at arrl.netTechFest ChairGwinnett Amateur Radio Society

Norm Schklar