[SECC] Dead CAT

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:22:59 PST 2012

Greg,

Happened a couple times to me too.  I've a replacement IC if you want to try and
solder it in.  Too small for me to do, these eyes and hands aren't good enough.
I was told there is a guy, in Georgia or Tennessee who repairs Yaesu.  Sorry,
don't remember the name right off but if you're interested I can try
to look it up.
He has supposedly made this repair many times as it is common.

Other option is to order a new board from Yaesu, but that's very pricey to solve
just that problem.  I've pretty much decided if it happens again I'll go rig
shopping for something newer.

Just got a board from Yaesu and back in communications.  The last time it
happened to me several things on the board were burnt up so bit the bullet
and got a new one.

I had the radio and computer on a UPS, but not the peripherals. Didn't think
straight and thought because they were plugged into same house outlet
things would be okay.  Expensive OOPS!!

Kevan
N4XL