[SECC] Fox Hunt Tonight

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Nov 13 08:20:07 EST 2012

I will be the other Fox in tonight's  QRP fox hunt on 40M (with Dale,
WC7S, in WY).  Look for the two foxes between 0200 and 0330Z Tuesday
night (9 to 10:30 PM EST) between 7030 and 7050 kHz.  Run no more than 5
watts.  I will be using an FT1000MP at 5W output as measured by the WM-2
QRP Watt Meter and a coax fed 40 meter dipole up about 40 feet.  I will
start out listening UP and will indicate that by CQ FOX DE K4BAI UP.
When the pile up dies down, I will stop saying "UP" and will be
listening on my own frequency.  The exchange is RST, SPC, Name, Power.
So, I will be sending real RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.  Hope the skip won't be
too long and that I can work most of the country.  It will be difficult,
but not necessarily impossible, for those close in.  Give it a try and I
will keep it up for the entire 90 minute period.  73/72, John, K4BAI.