[SECC] Variable capacitor anti-arc information needed

wb4sq at yahoo.com wb4sq at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 16:10:01 EDT 2012

Wondering how much the different technique will change the capacitance range...

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

Jerry Flanders <jeflanders at comcast.net> wrote:

I saw that too. Maybe it was QST. I think they wrapped tape over the
arcing area. They explained that once it arcs, it is prone to keep
doing it unless you protect the area with some dielectric.

Maybe they used a Kapton tape. If I had that problem, I might just
try ordinary black plastic electrical tape to see if it cured it.

GL

Jerry W4UK