[SECC] Headsets...

Kevan Nason knason00 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 09:04:03 EDT 2012

Hi Mike,

Only experience with Heil here, but seems to me that what you're
asking for is kind of mutually exclusive. You need the frequency
range for rag chew and cut out and re-emphasize other parts
of the range for DX.  Heil claims the HC-6 does that, but I've no
experience with it.

I had once thought that if I needed my headset with an HC-4 for
general rag chew I would experiment with the TX equalizer in
my rig.  Most have that capability now.  Maybe that would work
for you and save the cost of a new purchase and moving away
from what you like and are used to.  Or, as was suggested, get
a Heil headphone with HC-4/6?

Kevan
N4XL