[SECC] 6 mtr amp

Courtney Judd k4wi at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 5 12:06:26 EDT 2013

I bought a King Conversion SB220 several years ago but never hooked it
up as the Hygain 4 el was only good for 250 watts! Dan, K1TO, got my 4
el down and replaced with 7 el M2, so since I am off work from weather
the last few days, I thought I would put this thing on the air and see
if it works! I built a switch box to switch the control line from the
Alpha to the SB220 to save swapping cables all the time. I used the #2
coax output from the FT2000 so it makes changing bands very simple with
no swapping cables out. I made my first 6 mtr contact with this setup
this morning and seemed to work very well. I think I can hear some hum
in the back ground so I will have to chase that down. I would have
included some JPG's but I am not sure if the reflectors will allow
attachments! 73's , Cort K4WI