[SECC] Preliminary Results Jan 2013 NAQP CW Contest

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Feb 19 16:27:02 EST 2013

Thanks to Walt (W4GV) for pointing out that I forgot to forward the
message from K4RO with the web link to check.

See the message below.  I think I got it because I registered SECC
team(s) for NAQP.  Note a huge number of M/2 entries that resulted from
logs being submitted indicated that the operator was Assisted during the
contest.  If that isn't right, you have until Feb 24 to resubmit your
log as a single operator to count for your team.  If it is right, you
need to do nothing except to understand that Assisted entrants are in
the M/2 classification and can't count for team scores, so don't
volunteer to be on a team in the future if you will be using packet
spots during the contest.

The calls I noticed from our area are: N4XL (SECC), N4RJ (GCG?), KM4JA
(ACG?) and K0TEX.

If you were not assisted, please resubmit your log showing that you were
not assisted.  If you were assisted, no action is required.

In this context, "assisted" means primarily the use of packet or RBN
spots during the contest, but could mean actual operating assistance.

73, John, K4BAI.

The preliminary scores for the CW NAQP are available for viewing at the
following link:

http://www.ncjweb.com/naqpcwprelim.php

Please have a look, and let us know if you find any errors. In
particular, if you see your score classified as a multi-2 score when you
were actually a single op un-assisted entry, we need you to re-submit
your log.

The following note was sent to everyone who submitted a log which was
classified as a single operator assisted category. Please share this
with your NAQP team members to insure that all team totals are properly
accounted for. Note the February 24th deadline to re-submit your CW NAQP
log.

73 Kirk K4RO

You are being sent this e-mail because your submitted log shows you as a
single-operator assisted entry. This might because you intended for your
entry to indicate that you used assistance - such as the cluster
spotting network...  however, it is also possible that your logging
software selected "assisted" without you knowing it.  The default entry
category for several well used programs do this.

There is no entry for single-operator assisted in the NAQP - so those
logs are being reclassified as multi-operator.  Multi-operator entries
can not be used for team scores.

If you did mean to enter the "unassisted" category instead - you will
need to resubmit your Cabrillo log showing the correct "UNASSISTED"
entry.  This must be done before February 24th so we can finish the results.

Please do not send me your updated log via e-mail.  It must be
resubmitted using the same method you used to originally submit the log.

Thanks for your attention.  If you have any questions about this -
please feel free to contact me directly

73 Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net