[SECC] New Member: WA8HSB

Greg - N3ZL n3zl.radio at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:52:57 EST 2013

Hi SECC-ers,

Help me in extending a warm welcome to the SECC to John Aeiker,
WA8HSB, of Mobile, AL. Here's what John had to say about himself:

-----
I have been a ham since 1963. I operate HF and use QRP exclusively. My
main rig is the TS-850S turned down to 5 watts.  I also have an
Elecraft K-1, Kenwood TS-440S, and Ten-Tec Triton IV available. As I
live in an HOA neighborhood, my primary antennas are in the attic (a
40 meter inverted vee favoring N/S, a 2-element wire yagi for 20/15/10
pointed to the NE, a 20/15/10 dipole underneath the yagi for NW/SE,
and a 4-band wire elevated vertical with 6 radials for 17-10 meters).
You will find me mostly on CW with some RTTY and PSK operation
sprinkled in for variety. I have always enjoyed operating in contests
and work many of them (big & small) throughout the year - both CW and
RTTY.

I enjoy operating outdoors and travel on business quite a bit so it
won't be strange to hear me operating from somewhere other than my
home QTH. I've operated from over 30 states so far and 7 countries
(W/K, VE, KP4, I, 9A, PY, EA). I have several rigs to choose from for
travelling but, I typically travel with either the Elecraft KX-1 or
KD1JV's ATS-3. Both cover 4 bands. All I need is a piece of wire in a
tree to enjoy making contacts. The KX-1 has an ATU and I use the T-1
with the ATS-3. For those areas where trees may be a bit scarce, I'm
quite fond of my BuddiStick. It works very well mounted on the rear
window of the rental car.

Thanks to John, K4BAI for the invitation to join SECC.  I am honored
to be asked.

73/72, John
WA8HSB
-----

Welcome to the club, John, and I am sure we will be hearing you on the air soon,

73 de Greg, N3ZL
SECC Secretary