[SECC] W4QO WPX QRP

Jim Stafford w4qo at amsat.org
Mon May 27 15:44:11 EDT 2013

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO
Station: W4QO

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

------------
   160:
    80:
    40:  133
    20:  277
    15:  142
    10:
------------

Probably my favorite contest since I'm QRP.  And now that
there is a QRP ASSISTED category, it's even better IMHO.
I wish there was one QRP category and they allowed ASSISTED for all QRP
since almost all QRP is S&P.  Rig here Elecraft KX3 4.8 watts.  Antennas:
3 ele yagi at 60', an 80M horiz loop at 80', and a 40M EDZ at
50 feet.  Overall I thought the conditions were not up to what
we've had the past few contests.  I usually do not get many
requests for "fills", perhaps about 10% but in this one, it ran
maybe 40%.  But I heard this for lots of contacts as I stood by
to "pounce".  It just didn't seem the best to me. Oh well, still
fun.  I worked everywhere but too many UA's didn't respond to my
call and 15M was very spotty on Sunday PM.  Some stations strong
but many were plain weak.  I even used the pre-amp some, which
I never do.