[SECC] GQP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 07:26:43 EDT 2014

Couldn't make it until 0200Z.  Activity seemed lite on 40 and 80 with
lots of QRN.  20 was closed.  John/Jeff your 80M signal was good - in
the noise on 40.  Pretty much the same for the other rovers.  DX was
loud on 40 and not bad on 80.  40 was very tough to the west - the
usually loud TX stns were in the noise.  Managed a few from CA and WA
but they were all down from usual.  I held  a 50 rate for two hours but
suspect it would not have been that good had I started earlier.   VE7CC
and a lot of the rest of the telnet backbone went down around 0230Z.  I
think "GQP" spots do help stir up interest and there was no node I could
find that was up and running.   Not sure about today - entertaining the
grandkids all day...

73
Hal
N4GG