[SECC] NAQP CW Today

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sat Aug 2 13:33:17 EDT 2014

Hello all:  Here is the re-registration for SECC#2.  Thanks to Randy,
KK4BNC, in Cataula, GA for joining in.  I can still add a fifth team
member if you e-mail me immediately.  See below for some of my thoughts
on this contest.

Thanks for registering your NAQP CW team.

Team Name: SECC#2

Team Members:
WN4AFP
WA4ILO
W5JR
KK4BNC

Registration recorded at: 2014-08-02 17:23:57Z

Your team registration info has been saved to the NCJ team database. If you wish to update your team membership, please use the team registration form to resubmit your team members. Please be sure to use exactly the same team name, unless you are purposely wanting to change the name.

You can easily update your team registration by clicking on the following link:

http://www.ncjweb.com/cwnaqpteamreg/?ncjarg=fb7d03dc293fb0d6c133a27abadc8507

73 de Chris Hurlbut, KL9A (cwnaqpmgr at ncjweb.com)

As Don said, 10M has been open today.  I will start trying for QSOs on 10M.  My plan for daylight is to run mainly on 20M because I don't seem to do very well running on 10 and 15.  On 10 and 15, we will likely hear a lot of stations to our west running.  Under and between them, there will be some east coast stations.  If we don't get Es, most of these will be weak.  If we are lucky and get Es, some could be very strong.  Since multipliers count per band in this one, it is important to get the mults on the marginal bands when you hear them.

During the day, I will be checking 10M on the hour and 15M on the half hour.  I'll work whatever I can on these marginal bands and run on 20M the rest of the time.  I will try running on each band.  If you don't run, you will never work those other stations who only S&P.

I'll go to 40 a few times early, maybe after 10 is not productive, so I'll be sure to get the close in mults in case 40 goes long.  I don't really expect much long skip on 40 this time, so that shouldn't be a problem for the close in states.

As the day goes by, I will still be going to the other open bands (other than 20) at the hour and half hour.  In the evenings, I will mainly run on 40, but will go to 20 and 80 each half hour.  I'll begin to check 160M after dark, although most activity on that band seems to be late.

I will again be SO1R, but I am set up this time for instant band changes.  In the past, while trying to use the same antenna for 80 and 160, it took time to change bands and I was reluctant to do that too often.  Now, with separate antennas for 80 and 160, I hope to do better on each band than in past years.

Hope to work all of you and on many bands too.  Have fun.  Post your score to 3830 where I will pick it up or send it directly to me by Tuesday if you can.

Thanks for your participation.  If you are not on a team, please get on and work everyone you can.  It will be fun.  73, John, K4BAI.