[SECC] Additional Award for Wednesday's LQP in Memory of W6ISQ

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Tue Jan 14 13:56:38 EST 2014

A "BONUS" NCJ Award will now be given out and this year's LQP is hereby
dedicated to Jack, W6ISQ, per my posting to the NCCC Reflector (the Official
LQP webpage has also been Updated).

[NCCC] Jack Troster, W6ISQ -- SK

K6VVA - The Locust
Tue Jan 14 11:18:36 EST 2014

   _____

After the shock of reading about Jack, I cried. As a teenage NCDXC member
over 50 years ago, Jack was always very gracious to this punk DX'er back
then. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met, and we also had
periodic eyeball QSOs when I later attended San Jose State (Jack took some
classes there for fun). His QST Columns were priceless.  Jack was priceless.

Amateur Radio has not only lost a Legend, but a consummate Gentleman - both
on-air and off.  I'm sure Jack has now appropriately been appointed Chief
Trustee of 'The Big Station In The Sky'.

Seven years ago, Jack personally encouraged me to 'GO-FOR-IT' and supported
my efforts in the longstanding quest for a P5 License. This week's Locust
QSO Party is hereby dedicated to Jack Troster, W6ISQ, with a Bonus NCJ
Subscription/Renewal award to be given out in his memory.

My thoughts and prayers are with Marguerite.

Rick, K 6 V V A * The Locust