[SECC] W4AN/M to be QRV in AL QSO Party This Weekend

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Thu Jun 5 11:05:42 EDT 2014

The South East Contest Club call will be QRV in the Alabama QSO Party
this weekend. We will be trying out a new mobile radio van owned by
N4DTV and being outfitted for operating and contesting by N4DTV and
W4DUF.  It has a lot of antennas, a few rigs, computers, etc. installed.
  An operating chair is in the rear and there are two seats up front for
driver and navigator.  It is possible that I may operate CW from the
back and N4DTV or some other passenger may operate SSB from the front,
if we can use separate antennas on the same vehicle. We tried this on
another vehicle in the GQP last year and the year before with poor
results because the CW signal caused QRM to the SSB station.

So, look for our club call in AQP this Saturday noon to midnight.

Our route will probably be US 280 from Phenix City to Opelika, I-85 to
Montgomery, I-65 to Birmingham, I-20 to near the GA line and return home
on US 431 to US 280.

73, John, K4BAI.

73, John, K4BAI.