[SECC] Members' Input Requested: Possible Change to Center of Club Circle

Kt4zb--- via SECC secc at contesting.com
Thu Nov 6 10:38:37 EST 2014

Hi all - I'm good...Savannah well inside circle. Hope to have a couple of
new SECC members from Savannah. One of our folks, KK4TXZ, posted top US
Rookie  LP overlay on 3830 for CQWW with 447,000 points using wire antenna (will
be  W4 record if holds up). He was at Rick's with us during GA QSO party.
Also have  a couple more folks to encourage joining the club.  Looking
forward to  SS.

Best - Jere, KT4ZB

In a message dated 11/6/2014 9:33:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
aa4ga at contesting.com writes:

As long  as no one active is booted, I think it's a fine idea.

On Thu,  Nov 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM, John Laney <k4bai at att.net> wrote:
> John,  AD8J, and I have been having a discussion about possibly moving our
>  center of the club circles just a few miles to accommodate John's new
remote
> location, which is about 4 miles outside our circles.   This is near
> Asheville, NC, where John lives.  I asked him to  come up with a new
center
> for our circles that would include his  remote location and, if possible,
> include K2SX at Pawley's Island,  SC, but not leave out the W1BO/AJ1F
> location in Phenix City, AL.   Unfortunatley, John's work indicates that
it
> is not possible to  include Pawley's Island and Phenix City in a 175 mile
or
> 275 km radius  circle.  However, if the center location is moved slightly
> north,  it will include John's remote QTH and still include W1BO/AJ1F.
>
>  I will print below John's message, which gives a link to the CQ circle
and
> the ARRL circle based on a proposed new center location.   Looking at it,
> don't see clearly that anyone presently active with  the club within the
> circle would be moved outside the circle.   Please look at the proposed
new
> circles and let me know ASAP if you  notice anyone in that category.  Do
we
> still all our active  members in NW GA?  I asssume N4DU in Albany is well
> within the  circle.  An added bonus to the new circle is that it would
>  include all of Charlotte, where there a big ham population not served by
 any
> other contest club, whereas the current circle includes only part  of
> Charlotte.
>
> Please post any comments to the  reflector.  After a week of exposure, I
will
> review comments and,  if we wouldn't disenfranchise anyone, propose a
vote on
> the new center  of the circles.  This could be a very positive step for
the
>  club.  We have lost a lot of active members' scores to ACG, GCG, and
SFCG  in

http://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php?circles=%5B%5B275000%2C33.3151086%2C-82.3606912%2C%22%23AAAAAA%22%2C%22%23000000%22%5D%5D

http://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php?circles=%5B%5B281634.5%2C33.3200433%2C-82.3601415%2C%22%23AAAAAA%22%2C%22%23000000%22%5D%5D

>  This also picks up all of Charlotte.