[SECC] W4AN/M Proposed Route for Saturday, April 11

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Fri Apr 10 17:04:46 EDT 2015

This will be CW only.  Around 045 kHz on 20, 40, 15, 80 (after dark) and
possibly 10M.  Hope everyone has a lot of fun in GQP this weekend.

Sorry to be so late, but here is the planned route for Saturday for
W4AN/M with KK4BNC driving and K4BAI operating.  I hope Jeff, KU8E, can
make up one for Sunday which will be either me operating again and Jeff
driving or we will swap off operating and driving, depending on whether
or not Jeff wants to try to operate in the back seat of my car or just
drive more comfortably in the front.

This is a very ambitious plan.  Mapquest says we can do it.  We plan to
stop to operate only three times, once in a corner of Lee, Marion, and
Sumter.  Plan will be to stay only 20 minutes before moving on after
each of the three stops.  If we are running behind, we will skip some of
the more easterly counties as we head home Saturday night.  Most of
these counties are shown as only one station on our county map and at
least four counties are now shown as zero.

MUSCOGEE
CHATTAHOOCHEE
STEWART
QUITMAN
RANDOLPH
CALHOUN
CLAY
EARLY
MILLER
SEMINOLE
DECATUR
GRADY
THOMAS
MITCHELL
BAKER
DOUGHERTY
LEE (stop)
TERRELL
WEBSTER
MARION (stop)
SUMTER (stop)
SCHLEY
MACON
TAYLOR
TALBOT
MUSCOGEE (again)
HARRIS

We will get to Harris only if we are running ahead of schedule, which is
unlikely.

I assume we will start in Harris on Sunday morning and, anyway KU8E will
be QRV on Saturday from Harris and K4EOR as well.

73, John, K4BAI.