[SECC] QRP Fox Hunt Thursday Night

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Wed Jul 8 17:48:10 EDT 2015

Thursday night our local date July 9 (0100-0230 UTC Friday UTC date),
there will be a QRP Fox Hunt and K0DTJ, Brian, CA and K4BAI, John, GA
will be the foxes.  Each of us will be somewhere between 14050 and 14070
khz running 5 watts and looking for other QRP callers.  I will start out
listening up one to 1 1/2 kHz and indicating that by sending "UP."
After the crowd thins out, I will listen to my own frequency and will
indicate that by discontinuing sending "UP."  The exchange is RST, SPC,
Name, and Power and you may work only the two foxes to count for the
hunt.  This is the second week of 20M Thursday night hunts that will
last through early September.  If you haven't tried this before or ever,
you may find the hunts to be fun and it will sharpen up your split
frequency operation for DX hunting.

I will be running 5W to a FT1000MP.  Antennas will be a TH6DXX at 55'
and an 88' center fed zepp at about 50.'  Please join in the fun and,
don't be discouraged if you don't hear one or both foxes.  The 90-minute
period gives plenty of time for conditions to change and sometimes those
who persist until near the end are rewarded with a pelt.

All information, schedules, rules, scores, and a sign up for a QFox
repeater may be found at: http://www.qrpfoxhunt.org/

The hunt ends just in time for those who are interested to work the NCCC
NS CW Sprint Practice from 0230 until 0259Z on 15-160M CW.

73, John, K4BAI.