[SECC] Announcment: CWOps CWT Mini Tests This Wednesday (SLOW SPEED)

John Laney k4bai at att.net
Sun Mar 8 21:49:01 EDT 2015

OK, the SSB madness is over and we can get back to normal.

As usual, there will be three one-hour CWTs this week, but as you may
already know by now, they will be a little different from usual. The
latest CW Academy class is graduating, and in their honor we are
dedicating this week's sessions to welcoming CWA graduates. On March 11,
please reduce your speed to 20 wpm or less, to encourage the graduates
to join in. The 30+ wpm some of us are used to using can be pretty
intimidating to newcomers, so let’s slow down for these sessions.

The CWA graduates will be sending CWA in place of the CWOps number in
the CWT exchange. Please say a few words to welcome them when you meet
them in the CWTs.

Guidelines for Special CWTs:

1. Everyone please limit speed to 20 WPM maximum. Even when you are
working someone you normally work at 30 WPM, please send no faster than
20 WPM. When you answer someone CQing at less than 20 WPM, answer him at
his speed. When someone answers your 20 WPM CQ at a slower speed, match
his speed.

2. Thank stations by name.

3. If appropriate, help stations by explaining the CWT exchange.

4. Encourage band changes. Consider ending a contact by saying something
like CU ON 15 NEXT.

5. If someone wants to rag chew, rag chew for a bit.

6. Send lots of FBs and other encouragement.

7. Us working us--we do that all the time. Please make a special effort
to work the new guys.

8. Consider sending a QSL card to each new station worked.

9. March 11-12 Special CWTs will count toward CWT Participation Award
points.

Remember the time change that just happened this weekend in most of
North America. The CWTs will still be at the same UTC times, but that
means an hour later local time for many of us:

1300Z (= 9 am EDT, 6 am PDT)

1900Z (= 3 pm EDT, noon PDT)

0300Z March 12 (= 11 pm EDT, 8 pm PDT Wednesday)

Also, please keep an eye out for E30FB or other DXpeditions, and QSY to
avoid them as necessary.

Lots of contacts or just a few, please report your results to
<http://3830scores.com/> .

We do the CWTs because they're fun - let's make sure they continue to be
fun for everyone.

73,

Rich VE3KI

__._,_.___
Posted by: ve3ki at rac.ca
	• 	Reply to sender
<mailto:ve3ki at rac.ca?subject=Re%3A%20Special%20CWTs%20Wednesday%2FThursday>
	• 	Reply to group
<mailto:cwops at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Special%20CWTs%20Wednesday%2FThursday>
	• 	Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cwops/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmdjNsMTRxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MjU4NjUzNDU->
	• 	Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cwops/conversations/topics/13554;_ylc=X3oDMTM3aXM0azZhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAMxMzU1NARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0MjU4NjUzNDUEdHBjSWQDMTM1NTQ->
(1)

Visit Your Group
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cwops/info;_ylc=X3oDMTJmMnNhdnFsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzM0MDIwNTc5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAzE0MjU4NjUzNDU->

  * New Members