[SECC] QST QST -- CQWW SECC Circle...

halken halken at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 08:53:43 EDT 2015

GM All,

As many of you know, the CQWW organizers have expanded club circles to
250 miles, for CQWW only.  The ARRL circle for participation remains at
175 miles, and the participation circle for CQ contests other than CQWW
remains at 275 Km, which is nearly identical to 175 miles.

So, if you are an SECC member but have been unable to contribute your
CQWW scores to the SECC because of distance from our circle (33.24 N,
82.5 W) please check to see if you are within 250 miles of the center.
If you are, please consider sending your score in for SECC.

How can you easily check?

The SECC web site has been updated.  You can find it here:
secc.contesting.com

At the home page, click on "Join the SECC" and at the bottom of that
page, you will see entry boxes for your Lat and Long.  Entering those,
the web page will return a yes/no for your being within each of the two
circles.  You do not need to fill out the form as if you are applying
for membership.

For more information on how circles are used to define the area for club
competition, click on the web page "The 'SECC Circle.'"  That page
contains a map that shows both the ARRL and CQWW circles. Note, for
CQWW, stations from North Florida all the way up to Greensboro, NC can
contribute a score to the SECC.  If anyone knows members in those areas
that were not included before, please let them know they can now
contribute a score and, of course, we would be happy if they did.  Also,
perhaps you know a station or two that has never joined because they
thought "there was no contest club for my area."  They may be within our
250 mile circle - please encourage them to join.

if you have been to the web site recently, your browser may not load the
newest pages.  Click at the top of your browser on the whirligig to
reload the new pages.

A big thanks to Chaz, W4GKF, for updating the web site.

Best 73,
Hal N4GG