[SECC] [Dx4win] JT65A

Dan Violette danki6x at socal.rr.com
Fri Aug 12 21:58:27 EDT 2016

Easier to do in person.  Basic ideas:  Run in CW part of band first and get signal on the screen.  Should be blue/gray background with yellow signal (something like that, going by memory don't do too often).  Makes sure wide filter and there is a slider for shooting for 0 when no signal (and + numbers when signal).  When you see a signal, go to 14.076 and see if you find some JT65 there.  Make sure either digital mode or USB depending on what radio recommends.  If you hear something, it should decode at the end of the minute (46 seconds after).  Do that a bit until you are comfortable receiving.  Then TX is a combination of speaker output from the PC and radio mic gain along with PTT.  More difficult but get the RX first.

This all assumes you have the audio lines from the PC to the radio correct.  May need to find a local friend who has done it.

Dan KI6X